Seryna continues to be the favorite Japanese Restaurant among both Japanese and Filipinos. I wrote about Seryna almost two years ago in this post: Japanese Delights @ Seryna, Little Tokyo. The best time to go is during lunch time when most of the Japanese restos would have an affordable set lunch menu. Here are three (3) tips on how to have an Awesome Lunch at Seryna.
- The lunch set menu is fixed at P320 all-in (I love it when restaurants put an all-in price in the menu).
- If you look at my previous post, the Kaisen Gozen is priced originally at P250 :)
- Seryna is famous for their Kaisen Gozen and the orange label on the menu says that there are only 30 sets available
- Gozen is like a set lunch meal where the items are put in different dishes. In a bento, it is put in a box type container.
- Yakizakana is grilled fish.
- Higawari gozen is like Gozen for the day and it changes daily.
- Makunouchi is a popular type of Japanese bento which consists of fish, meat, pickles, eggs and vegetables along with rice and an umeboshi. (source: Wikipedia)
I would order the Kaisen Gozen which is a serving of fresh sashimi on a bed of radish with Japanese rice. The set comes with soup, salad, appetizers and dessert. At P320, it is still a very good deal. I don't think there is really a particular order on how you should eat it. Just Enjoy your lunch!
2277 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City
Telephone: +632 894-3855
Fax: +632 894-3853
Text and Photos by by Anton Diaz. Copyright 2008.
Mobile: +63917-LOVEOAP (5683627)