July 02, 2008
8 Things You Ought To Know About the Longest Bridge in the Philippines
1. San Juanico Bridge is the longest bridge in the Philippines measuring 2.162 kilometers in length.
2. The bridge connects the province of Leyte and the province of Samar.
3. It is also called the Bridge of Love because it was (allegedly) a gift of Ferdinand Marcos to Imelda Romualdez and to the city of Tacloban.
5. The best angle to photograph San Juanico Bridge is via an aerial shot according to Master George Tapan.
6. The bridge is shaped like the letters L S which stands for Leyte and Samar.
7. The best time to shoot San Juanico bridge is during sunrise.
8. The best way to experience San Juanico Bridge is to do a 5 km walk from one end of the bridge to the other end and then go back.