1. Kayangan Lake - one of the top 100 awesome places to go to in the Philippines!
The photo above is the most photographed scene that represents Coron in the travel magazines. This scene is halfway up the mountain trail leading to the cleanest lake in the Philippines. Swimming in the cleanest fresh water lake (with a bit of salt water) in the Philippines is an experience that every Filipino should have. The entire area is perfect for taking portrait shots with limestone cliffs in the background and clean lake in the middleground.
2. Twin Lagoons - A dare awaits the brave tourist
These twin lagoons are separated by limestone cliffs with a small underwater tunnel where a brave tourist could swim underneath. It is dangerous which adds to the appeal and challenge to tourist who dare to go to both lagoons. You need to take a deep breath and do a deep swim to avoid the jagged edges of the limestone cliffs. I tried to swim underneath but I came out with a deep wound on my left big toe. Lesson learned the *ouch* way.
3. Siete Picados - 7 Islands Snorkeling area.
Most of the corals around Coron are dead except for the Siete Picados area. This spot is perfect for Snorkeling without being disappointed with the scene the underwater scene that you will see.
4. Maquinit Hot Springs and its therapeutic properties.
Don't miss on the therapeutic properties of this natural hot spring in Coron. Don 't be discouraged with its super hot temperature. You will be rewarded after with a revitalizing feeling after dipping in this hot springs for a few minutes.
5. Shipwreck Diving in Coron
Coron became famous because of its dive spots and one of these days, I will take up diving and underwater photography. I'm not an expert on the Dive areas in Coron, would you know which are the awesome dive spots?
6. Coron Town and Public Market -- Fast disappearing rustic beauty of Coron
Coron is fast losing its rustic charm because it attracted investments to develop this little town. Boracay companies are starting to build massive hotels in the town to attract more tourists. Don't miss to just walk around the town, buy danggit and roasted cashew nuts in the public market. You should also see why Palawan is the cleanest city where people pocket their cigarette butts and you will see people picking up the trash on a frequent basis.
This is my first time in Coron and I heard stories of people staying with homestays in the town just to enjoy its beauty. Are you OK with the development happening in Coron?
7. Cashew Nuts Factory -- Appreciate how the cashew nuts are processed
We decided to buy our Roasted Cashew Nuts and the Cashew Nuts Panutcha from one of the Cashew Nuts factory in the town. You can see how they prepare and process the cashew. Our favorite pasalubong from Coron is the Cashew Nuts Panutcha which is a sweet brittle made of cashew nuts and heavy brown molasses. Yummy!
8. A Bonding Moment with Friends.
The Coron boat tour is a perfect bonding moment with friends. I wanted to go back with Rache, Aidan and our friends. I'm glad that I was with the company of cool people during the Wig Tysmans travel photography workshop.
Coron Tours & Travel
Regent Bldg. Malunggay Road,
FTI Complex Taguig,
Metro Manila, 1607 Philippines
Telephone: +632 838 4992 or 4956 to 60
Mobile No.: +63 915 530 2682
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Text and Photos by Anton Diaz. Copyright 2008.
- TAO PHILIPPINES (A Review): Coron to El Nido 5 Days 4 Nights TaO Expedition @TaoPhilippines
- TAO EXPEDITION: Coron to El Nido Expedition Pre-Departure (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 1: From Coron to Patcy (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 2: Patcy Breakfast, Maltayok Beach & Buluang Karaoke! (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 3: Cliff Jumping & Guinto Basecamp (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 4: Linapacan Clear Waters, Tao Farm & Tao Village (A Photo Essay)
- TAO EXPEDITION Day 5: Bacuit Bay, Small and Big Lagoon, El Nido Town (A Photo Essay) @TaoPhilippines
Apulit Island Resort Experience (2011):
- Apulit Island Resort Experience (formerly Club Noah) [1of3]
- Apulit Island Resort: What to Do and Eat in Apulit? [2of3]
- Apulit Island Resort: How to Get There? [3of3]
Coron, Busuanga Experience (2008):
- Coron, Palawan - 8 Awesome Experiences in Coron, Palawan
- Caluit, Palawan - My Childish Dream Come True
- Club Paradise, Coron, Palawan
- El Rio Y Mar - 10 Reasons Why I Prefer El Rio over Club Paradise
El Nido Palawan Adventure (2006):