In 2005, I attended the course that changed my blogging life and catapulted me to the maven status in my blogging niche. I owe them this testimonial. Read more: Six Figure Blogging In Depth Review
Meet Gary Vaynerchuk of Wine Library
a 32 year old self-trained wine expert who is revolutionizing the wine industry. His webcast, "The Thunder Show" on www.winelibrarytv.com, attracts over 60,000 viewers each day and his email queue typically holds 1,000 messages from obsessed fans, self-named "Vayniacs." His roots in wine tasting come honestly -- his Russian immigrant parents owned a liquor store when he was growing up. Bored at the cash register, Gary began reading "The Wine Spectator and books about wine and baseball cards collection. With a wealth of knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit, Gary spent every weekend of his college years at his parents' store, rebranding the family business as Wine Library and establishing himself as a respected expert. Inspired by sites such as youtube.com and facebook.com, Gary leveraged technology to reach an untapped audience. His daily 20 minutes webcasts caught the attention of a demographic new to wine and eager to learn. Within a short time, beer sales were outpaced by wine and Gary was spotting wine at Giants Stadium tailgate gatherings and Super Bowl parties. While his youthful following broke down barriers in the wine industry, the business world (and Web 2.0) admired Gary for creating a new generation of branding, focusing on the internet.
There is no doubt that Gary Vaynerchuck rocked the Strategic Profits Internet Marketing Conference (see New Beginnings! Strategic Profits Live 2008 Blog) . I would like to share with you my learnings that rocked my world:
1. He encourages all Internet Marketers to give ALL their content for FREE instead of ethically tricking people to share a FREE report expecting sales on the backend with higher priced products. Give value to readers, give information for FREE but market the hell out of it!
2. Content is King, Marketing and PR is the Queen and we all know who runs the household. This concept alone paid for my entire trip to the Strategic Profits event. For the next 3 years, the internet game will be a combination of your web 2.0 social media knowledge and skills in Internet Marketing. I have spent all of my time learning from the best and only from the best. I do hope I can share with all Filipinos out there.
3. Be a BIG part of the conversation. This is tough and requires hard work that not all internet marketers would embrace. You need to leave comments on all the blogs of people, answer every email, and empower readers to interact with your brand. Gary responds to each and every email that he receives ( about 1,000 messages/ day) !
4. Legacy > Currency. Live and strive to work on your legacy NOW. Don't wait to grow old and waste your time with things that are not important in life. I love Gary for this quote and this is also how I want to live my life. I want to dedicate my life in leaving a legacy in the Philippines.
5. Follow your heart. Love Everyone. This is my motto from now on and I encourage all of you to follow what your heart's desire. God planted seeds of holy discontent in your heart and I know you can hear it. It is up to you if you want to follow your heart. Make that decision today!
It was cool to see him record a live show of Wine Library TV!! Cool :) This was the end of the New Beginnings conference and thanks to Rich for inviting Gary to close the conference.
After the conference, most of the internet marketers still wanted to ask a lot of questions to Gary. I learned so much from the conversations and this shaped the way how I would run Our Awesome Planet campaign.
Frank Kern is now my Internet Marketing Idol! He is so cool and he gave a "weird" presentation on CORE IDENTITY on how to effortlessly market and influence people. ( Sorry, I know this might be a weird incoherent post. )
Money Goals are not important and should not be your top most priority. What is important is to paint a picture of what your perfect day would look like. This day reflects the certain lifestyle that is centered on our passions, a happy family life and our legacy. This is your CORE Identity and the more you align yourself on the CORE identity, the happier you will be. Once you identified and attained your CORE Identity, help other people who has a similar CORE identity and guide them to reach the lifestyle they want to live.
Thanks Frank Kern for sharing with us your Jenius Internet Marketing stuff. I must admit the entire conference was raving about his presentation. Please see an excerpt on the conference:
New Beginnings! Strategic Profits Live 2008 Blog
New Beginnings! Strategic Profits Live 2008 Blog
I'm thankful for being able to attend this world class event. I was the only Filipino in the Best Internet Marketing Conference 2008 and I want to share my personal insights that blow my mind. Paul Scheele is the master of how to use the 90% of your brain (which is your subconscious). Dr. Paul I think appeared in the Secret. Most of the time the subconscious is working without the conscious mind knowing it. Here are my insights:
1. There is no such thing as hypnosis. Hypnosis is the power of concentration, imagination and suggestion! Everyday we are under a hypnotic state and we don't even know it. We should be very careful of the power of suggestion to other people. Sometimes, we would often say to people, "bakit ang tamad tamad mo". Don't to that! You are actually giving a powerful suggestion to the person that he is lazy and if you repeat it 5 times within the day, you are like hypnotizing that person to be lazy. The mere fact that our media in the Philippines only reports the negative and controversial stuff, the TV is hypnotizing every Filipinos to be bad and negative. Please, please stop watching TV or anything that will highlight negativity or any persons who are negative. Thanks to Rache, she influenced us to cut our cable TV so that we cannot watch this anymore. Just imagine the influence of TV with the kids.
2. Remove "I Cannot" in your vocabulary. The moment you say you cannot do things, it will manifest itself and it will not happen. Instead, if there is something that you think you cannot do, tell yourself: My mind can do this, I don't know how long it would take, but I can surprise myself. Dr. Paul shared with us evidences that the moment you say "I cannot" the mind will abort the subconscious to even work on it. That is why the Why Not Forum is so powerful, it is a campaign to teach Filipinos do always say let's do it, why not?
3. Focus on the What, not the How. Most of the time, we focus on How to Earn Money. The fact it, that is the wrong question to even ask in the first place. You need to focus on the WHAT! Embody what its gonna be like when you are there. This is called Positive Outcome Patterning. You need to embody visually, kinesthetically, auditory what does if feel to become rich. You need to act and feel that you are rich and let the universe take care of the How.
Am I making sense? I'm not sure if I am communicating here because these are so powerful concepts that addresses some of the fundamental flaws in every filipino family, including ours.
Paul Scheele talks at length about the Structure Of Influence and the key to building rapport with your prospects…
Paul R. ScheeleSpeaker, Author, Human Development Consultant
Activating Your Brilliance
You are brilliant beyond your imagination! Paul R. Scheele has facilitated this realization in millions of lives. He guides people to achieve extraordinary results in relationships, work, money, and health. Paul is an expert on learning how to learn to tap the other 90% of your mind. He believes everyone has an inner genius just waiting to be awakened.
Paul is the designer of programs such as Photo Reading, Natural Brilliance, Genius Code, Abundance for Life, the Paraliminals, and many other courses to stimulate personal and professional success. These programs allow people to go beyond what the logical mind believes possible and break through stuck states. When you want high impact, Paul will entertain, educate, inspire, and move audiences to use their genius minds and achieve amazing abundance.
Richard Schefren has offline built, run and sold multimillion dollar businesses in the fashion industry, music industry and the hypnosis industry. He currently has over 70 niche specific product sites, and has orchestrated teleseminars with marketers like Jay Abraham,and John Carlton. Currently, Rich maintains an elite marketing coaching program, where many of today's top Internet Marketers and service providers are among his clientele.
Rich opened the conference with inspiring us Internet Marketers to be the Maven -- the friend and expert who leads and provides value to the market. One of the key messages of his speech was being different is greater than being better in this attention age. Rich inspired the people that you can be whoever you want to be .... with PRACTICE! He also shared the big idea and strategy behind the FREE reports that he has been releasing into the market. Below is a preview of his speech. It was very powerful and for me it was the highlight of the Day 1 of the Main Event.
Conference Update: 2 Important Elements Of A Maven
About the Founder & Author:
Anton Diaz is the founder of Our Awesome Planet, the #1 Food and Travel Blog in the Philippines and co-founder of Mercato Centrale, successful weekend night food market in Manila. Read more
My Favorite Blog Post Series:
- AWESOME DUMAGUETE: A Weekend Getaway Itinerary to the Best of Dumaguete!
- BAGUIO: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Baguio (2016 Edition)!
- BEST OF BOHOL 2016: 7 New Awesome Experiences You Should not Miss!
- CALAGUAS: The Waling-Waling Eco Resort Experience...
- SAGADA Itinerary: Definitive Food & Travel DIY Guide to Sagada (2017)!
- PAMPANGA: Top 10 Most Awesome Restaurants in Pampanga! (2016)
- ROMBLON: 8 Awesome Places You Should Visit in Romblon!
- CEBU Like Never Before! (10 Most Awesome Experiences)
- 11 BIGGEST BUSINESS TRENDS in the Philippines 2014! (*Must Read for Every Filipino Entrepreneur)
- FESTIVAL GUIDE to the 10 Most Awesome Fiestas of the Philippines!
CREATIVE COMMON LICENSE
Our Awesome Planet by Anton Diaz is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
« January 2008 | Main | March 2008 »