There are a lot of resorts in the Saud Beach area and usually, you can choose the resort upon your arrival. The rocky west end of Saud Beach usually offers affordable accommodation. If your intent is to just use the room to sleep and take a bath, then don't spend too much money on getting a high end resort.
We have stayed in resorts just with basic amenities and just use it a base for traveling to the different awesome places within the area. We also stayed in Saud Beach report which is the high-end resort in Saud Beach owned by the Mayor and we decided to just stay and enjoy Saud at that time so it was worth it.
Here are some of the Pagudpud Resorts located in Saud Beach:
1. Saud Beach Resort -- High End Resort amidst a coconut plantation with nice wooden floors and bamboo furniture.
Tel: +632-928 9853 Manila
2. Villa del Mar -- If you want a deluxe cottage with stone floors and capiz-shell windows.
Mobile: +63 920 553-4161
West End Rocky Shore Resorts in Saud Beach
3. Apo Idon -- One of the nicest resorts in Pagudpud with appealing rooms made of stone walls and good lighting.
4. Terra Rika Beach Resort -- One of the popular relatively affordable resort with a nice restaurant.
Mobile: +63 918 937-1752
5. Northridge Resort - Sister company of Terra Rika and Apo Idon located in the West End.
Mobile: +63920 220-5089
Pagudpud Resorts not located in Saud Beach
1. Pannzian Beach and Mountain Resort - located near the long, black sand beach of Pansian often beaten by strong winds.
Tel: +632 646-9020
2. Kapuluan Vista Resort - The resort possesses a distinctive, contemporary design and décor that creates both a high-energy and serene ambiance on a casual setting. This is located near Blue Lagoon.
Tel: (+6372) 888-2809
Cellular: (+63920) 952-2528
So, to answer the question of where to stay?
If you want a resort with all the urban amenities and expect to stay with first class accommodations, you should stay in Saud Beach Resort. For a romantic place, I suggest that you book in Apo Idon. If you are on a budget, canvass your way from the different resorts in the rocky-shore west end of Saud Beach. If it is your 3rd time in Pagudpud, I suggest you try Kapuluan Vista Resort.
2. What and Where to Eat?
I need to level your expectation that the food is ridiculously Expensive and not also that good. This is contrary to the belief that the provincial resorts offer more affordable food. Specially in Saud beach, they want to earn as much from the food and the source of ingredients are scarce. More than P200 for every dish and don't be fooled by the label good 2-3 persons. By the way the menu below is from one of the low end resorts in Pagudpud...
Click here for a Larger Size
1. To save on food expenses, I suggest that you bring your own gallon of water or buy one before entering into the Saud beach resorts. Also, you can buy your own canned goods or instant noodles if you really want to save.
2. Pick the best restaurants to eat from. Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation since most of them looks the same. Maybe, you have any suggestions on where to eat in Pagudpud?
3. Avoid the Ilocos specialties like Bagnet which is not healthy and at the same time, they would charge more for these.
4. Btw, there are no nightlife in Pagudpud. People usually spend the evening singing the night away or drinking and enjoying the time with friends. So make sure that you savor your dinner and just relax.
Do you have any other recommendations?