Fun Hydrotheraphy @ Ace Water Spa :)
Ace Water Spa has been on my list of things to blog about and yesterday, me and my brobo went out to check out the place. They were on a buy 1 take 1 until Dec. 31, so we took the chance for only P240, entrance fee, you get to enjoy 25 massage systems, 9 heated pools, and 1 cold pool (really too cold). It took us 2 hours to fully enjoy the place and the crowd is mostly family with children playing in the big jacuzzi and occasionally some tourists. We actually felt like a child again and I spend my time playing with my brother. Except for the aching body after that enjoyable hydrotherapy, I would definitely go back. I'll give you a rundown on what to expect and to bring to have a fun experience @ Ace Water Spa since you cannot read anything on this except the advertisements in magazines and newspaper.
Ace Water Spa is the first Hydrotheraphy spa in Manila and claims to be the first in the European concept spa in the Philippines. Hydrotheraphy or Water Therapy is the treatment of disease through the use of water. Hydrothermal theraphy is the use of water temperature, such as in hot tubs or spas. The focus of hydrotheraphy is to rid the body of toxins that may be causing joint pain and inflammation.
This is the reception of the Ace Water Spa and here are some reminders:
- Adult is P480 while Children is P240.
- You need to be in swimwear-- swimsuit for the girls and trunks or tights for the boys. (they are strict on this)
- They would give you a red shower cap to use while inside the water spa.
- They are very conscious about cleanliness inside the spa, so no eating, no sleepers, and you need to take a shower before going inside.
- If you don't have trunks, they have one available for P250 - P350. So I suggest you bring your own to avoid this additional costs.
- The people in the spa are very service oriented so you won't have a problem navigating your way through the spa.
- Suggested Routine: Stretch, Do a couple of laps in the pool, Go to the Heated Pools, before trying out finally all the different water jet massage systems.
- After spa, there is a free chicken soup which is very good and tempts you to order more from the Ace Water Spa Cafe.
What I loved most:
- I love the Hot herbal pool. Here's the routine, you need to submerge your entire body for 3-5 minutes in a 36 degree green herbal pool, then submerge yourself for 3 minutes in the cold pool (which we can't really stand). Then you submerge again in the 38 degree yellow herbal pool, then cold pool again. Finally, you submerge in the 40 degree blue herbal pool and at this point you will feel very relieved and relaxed.
- The rainfall Accupunture is definitely the best together with the waterfall massage. It is as if 10 people reflexes your accupunture points all at the same time -- fun and soothing!
- Lastly, I loved the Jet Chair Massage and the Hydro bouyancy Bubble Massage systems. You need to try this out when you decide to visit this place. Its like your into a Jacuzzi carnival or different rides where each massage system is designed to massage a certain point of your body from the shoulders, to the buttocks, to the chest, to the hips, to your feet.
399 Del Monte Avenue (near corner Banaue st.) SFDM, Quezon City
Tel# 367-8041, 367-8062, 415-0164